Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Plein Air Challenge: Day 9

I didn't travel far from home today. This is a small part of a tree row I can see from our back yard.  I find it very inspiring to look at other artist's work that transforms something very ordinary into something really beautiful.  It's interesting to see through other artist's eyes.  The simple subjects are often best for that insight.  I've often thought of doing a series of work just from my backyard, or from a road very close to my studio where I often paint.  How many pieces could I produce from the same spot?  They would look different, not only by which direction you look and how you crop, but also with time of day, light, and weather.  The possibilities are endless. 

"Summer Tree" oil 6x8 ©Kim Casebeer


No comments:

Post a Comment