Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Plein Air Challenge: Day 2

Tuesday, May 21, 2013.  It was a beautiful day to be out painting!  70 degrees and sunny - who could ask for more?  My routine for most days during this challenge will be to drop my son off at school around 8am, then go straight out to look for a spot.  All my gear stays in the car so it's ready to go.  I took a road I don't usually take so it seemed to take a little longer to find a spot than normal.  This violates one of my rules - don't spend much time looking for that perfect place to pull over.  There are great things to paint if you stop long enough and really look!  This painting was an attempt at trying a little bit different composition.  I don't think it's my strongest piece and not sure I like the design.  I do like the shadows, however.  If I can find something good in each piece I do, this will be a success.

Plein Air Challenge Day 2: Two Ponds, oil, 9x12 ©Kim Casebeer

No comments:

Post a Comment