Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Plein Air Challenge: Day 10

I've made it to day 10!  Ok that's not really a big deal, but it does feel like a small milestone.  Today's painting was done from a road 7 minutes from my home/studio where I go to paint A LOT.  I tell students and anyone else wanting to do more plein air painting that they should think of it as this big adventure where one has to drive an hour to find a good location.  Instead, find a place that can inspire you that you can get to in 20 minutes or less.  You will be surprised at what you can find in your own neighborhood!  Then when the mood strikes, you'll be ready.

Hillside  oil  9x5  ©Kim Casebeer

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kim, I just saw your posts on FB and hustled over here to read more! I love what you are doing and will be following along. Very inspiring!
    -Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laurel - so glad you are enjoying them! Believe I've seen you post some plein airs recently so looks like you've been getting out too. I was afraid it would turn into this thing I would resent everyday, but so far it hasn't. In fact, it's getting easier to get into the routine. Take care, Kim

    ReplyDelete