Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Plein Air Challenge: Day One!

A few days ago I posted on facebook that I was starting a Plein Air Challenge - to paint one plein air a day for the summer, perhaps beyond.  I realized later that this would be best expressed on a blog, so from this point on I will post each days work on my blog along with any experiences I want to share about the process, the successes, failures, or simply about that day.  I will still post pics on facebook.

I have thought about doing something like this for a while but held back for lots of reasons - too busy, too many comittments in the studio, fear of failure, etc.  All lame excuses really.  After getting back from a whirlwind trip to Fredericksburg TX for the OPA show and seeing so much great art, I was newly inspired.  We got home late Sunday night, and Monday morning I committed myself to this goal of painting one plein air a day!  This has been a goal I've wanted to accomplish for a long time so I'm letting you all know before I chicken out.  From this point on, I will post daily if you'd like to follow the craziness.

From Day 1, May 20, 2013: 37th Street Morning, oil, 8x10 ©Kim Casebeer

1 comment:

  1. What a great challenge! I'll have to look over these to catch up.

    Inspired,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete