Tuesday, September 16, 2014

"Autumn Begins" Little Gem Auction for Crop Hunger Walk


"Autumn Begins", oil on canvas, 8x10, unframed
In a few weeks I am walking (or maybe running) the Crop Hunger Walk in Manhattan, KS.   The Crop Hunger Walk's goal is to end hunger, and has raised more than $294 million in the last 20 years.  I have fond memories of participating in this walk when I was in high school and am excited about doing it again.

So what does this have to do with the painting above?  I have decided to hold an auction in order to raise money and "Autumn Begins" will be the first piece, with 100% of the winning bid going toward the Crop Hunger Walk.  This oil painting was painted on location one morning in Marlatt Park just a few minutes north of where I live in Manhattan, KS.  It shows the grasses changing colors and the sun was starting to peek through the clouds.

It's easy to add this little gem to your collection while donating to the Crop Hunger Walk.

How to Bid:
- Minimum bid begins at $75- yep, that's it!
- Bidding increments of $25.
- No reserve price. Winning bid gets the painting, which is unframed.
- Just bid in the comment section below.
- The auction ends on Sunday, September 21 at 8 pm - Central Standard Time.
- I will contact the winning bidder who can pay by check or Paypal with 100% of proceeds going to the Crop Hunger Walk.  I can post the donation to my Crop Hunger Walk page or it can remain anonymous.

This is your chance to support a great cause and get a little gem of a painting so bid high and bid often!  Good luck!  I hope you get the painting.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks Seamus! It's one of my favorite plein airs from recent outings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YW Kim-delighted to see you doing this and the bidding going up for a good cause!

      Delete
  2. Love it, Kim, and bid $200 for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the perfect place for it. $250.00 please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you both for your bids! BTW you may notice it isn't signed in the photo. Don't worry I'll sign it before it goes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Greg Summers! This is kinda fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will bid $300 - this is great, Kim!! :)
    -Amy Hageman

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bid $325. Love how you do colors and the softness. I am a pastel artist and have just started to learn to paint in oils and would love to learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bid $350 for this little gem. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Katrina! I'd love to have you join us for a workshop. Most of mine can be either pastel or oil so you can choose what you want to bring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Jeannie Breeding, you are the winner! I will contact you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim -- what a wonderful idea! You should have told us at church -- we would have announced it and run up the bidding! :) Lucky, lucky Jeannie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Missy! Yes that is a great idea. We had to be out of town yesterday and I'm teaching a workshop all next weekend, so I may have to get someone else to make the announcement (hint hint) :)

      Delete
  12. I'm thrilled with the win and look forward to having your painting in my home. Let me know how to pay and I'll get you shipping info. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That piece is absolutely magnificent, with all its vibrant autumn colors. It's even for such a noble cause. I'm sure it has found a nice home to grace with its beauty. Congratulations to the winner! Thank you so much for sharing that! Wishing everyone all the best!

    Norman Watkins @ Giving Works

    ReplyDelete