Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Painting Trip to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks

I recently got back from a wonderful and productive trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming where I painted in the Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks for five glorious days!  Though the mornings were cool (34 degrees!), it was great to spend my days out painting and taking in several hikes around the lakes with light plein air gear.  Here are many of the plein air pieces as well as on location shots so you can relive the trip with me!

I am also happy to announce that my artwork will now be available at Legacy Gallery, located at 75 North Cache, in the town of Jackson.  Please find images of new work available in this post.  You may also contact Legacy Gallery at 307-733-2353 or visit their website: www.legacygallery.com.

Painting at Jenny Lake, one of the first stops I made.
View from South Jenny Lake, oil, 10x12
Afternoon on the Snake, oil, 10x12.  Painted at Schwabacher Landing, one of my favorite spots.
Backlit, oil, 12x9


I was fortunate to be able to hang out and paint at Triangle X Ranch in the Grand Teton Park one evening.
Dusk at Triangle X Ranch.



Chapel of the Transfiguration, oil, 8x10.  The cloud cover on this particular morning created some beautiful atmosphere!


My view at Leigh Lake, a fairly easy hike with light plein air gear.
Fallen Timber, Leigh Lake, oil, 8x10
Firehole River in Yellowstone, oil, 9x12.  There were not less than three fishermen at points along this river while I was painting.  A larger piece will be in the works soon - Fisherman's Paradise??
Gull Point Drive at Yellowstone Lake, oil, 6x8.  I painted several 6x8s in this location.
Lily Pads on Swan Lake, oil, 8x10
I rolled out of bed at 5am to capture the morning light at Mormon's Row.  Wouldn't you know it, a professional photographer taking shots of the barn wanted to get a few of me.  Pretty sure I didn't even comb my hair.
Little Pink Houses, oil, 8x10.  Everyone takes photos of the barn.  I fell in love with the pink house.

No comments:

Post a Comment