Tuesday, July 3, 2012

America the Beautiful 4th of July Show

Hueys Fine Art will host the "America the Beautiful - 4th of July Show" this month.  This piece, Flint Road, an oil painting on linen measuring 24x36, is included in the show.  As artists it is sometimes difficult to detach and truly know if a piece is strong.  For me, this piece is successful on many levels.  First, it is inspired by a scene only 10 minutes from my studio and home.  A place I know well and paint a lot.  The atmosphere lent a tonal palette on this particular trip out.  It immediately reminded me of one of my favorite paintings by Isaak Levitan, Vladimirka.  While painting the larger piece in my studio, it was hard not to think of Levitan, so Flint Road is also a tribute of sorts to him.

To see this painting and the other beautiful pieces available during this show, visit www.hueysfineart.com.  The opening reception is this Friday, July 6 from 5-7pm.

Flint Road, oil on linen, 24x36

No comments:

Post a Comment