Thursday, April 9, 2015

New Book Just Published

Hello painters and collectors!  I have just self-published a little book full of information.  "Ideas for the Landscape Painter:  Taking Your Work from Concept to Completion and Beyond," is a 9" x 7" softcover book in full color with 80 pages.  It is a compilation of information I have gathered through experience, teaching, networking with other artists, and with those in the art business. It is packed with what I hope will be valuable tools, such as:

Information about the tools and materials I use to paint with both oil and soft pastel, and why using quality materials is important.


Why spending time planning your design in the beginning can save you time through the process. Plus samples and explanations on the difference between notan and value study, and how to effectively use each of these tools.


A discussion on color theory, and why questioning the intensity of a color is more important than whether that color is warm or cool.  Color didn’t fully make sense until I understood this!


Where to set up and what to take when painting outdoors.


Idea starters for getting the creative process going!


Plus more information about evaluating your work, varnishing, preparing to ship work, and creating a stand out portfolio.


This book will sell for $19.95.  You can mail a check, but I will have Paypal set up on my website soon to make the ordering process easier.  I'm getting ready to leave for the Plein Air Convention and will set it up after I return.




4 comments:

  1. Will you book be available in e-format for downloading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea! Yes I think it will. The self publishing company I used made that sound easy, so I'll probably do that in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful - I will definitely order a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great Katrina! I'll send out a notice once I have paypal up and running.

    ReplyDelete