Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Plein Air Challenge: Day 16

Well this has been one of those days when it's just plain fun to be an artist!  First, I got a message last night from another artist who lives in my area.  She was wondering where I was painting yesterday (Day 15).  It so happens she lives up the road from Six Mile Creek and ended up purchasing both yesterday's piece of Six Mile Creek Road, as well as the 6x6 sunset I painted on Day  14.  What are the odds I would paint the property of another artist?

This morning I was in the same area, painting a lovely pond.  The owner of the pond was out mowing, noticed me and drove over to see if I was having car trouble and needed help.  I think he was pleasantly surprised to see I was painting his pond.  He asked if I would drive into town where his wife was working at the post office and show the painting to her when I was done.  I did and she asked me to send her an image of it.  How fun is that?  I am always amazed at the nice people you can meet and have a chance to connect with while out painting.

Sit or Fish?  oil  6x8  ©Kim Casebeer

No comments:

Post a Comment