Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Plein Air Challenge: Day 41

Sometimes the biggest challenge is knowing when to take a break!  I leave for Jackson WY in 10 days and have a ton of studio work to do, so I'm putting the daily challenge on hold until I get to the Grand Tetons.  Usually when I arrive at the Grand Teton National Park, I am so excited to paint that I paint three plein airs a day!  There will be plenty of opportunity for making up the days.  For now, I'll leave you with two pieces done along the Kansas River, or Kaw River, at the Kaw State Park in Topeka.  It was so nice, and my husband and little boy were able to go on a hike while we were there.  The parking lot is by the railroad tracks, so Collin got to see two Union Pacific trains go by!


Kaw River Reflections, oil, 6x8 ©Kim Casebeer

No comments:

Post a Comment